Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Doing part of Internet Safety

For the doing part of the internet safety assignment, I talked with my aunt who is about 55 years old. She is a parent of 6 kids. It went really well because it was really easy to talk to her about it. She uses the internet often because she is very into geneaology. Because I don't have kids of my own it was very interesting to see how much allowing her kids to use the internet worries her. We talked about how advanced technology has become and I told her about new technology that she has not even heard about. I also shared with her some of the statistics that were on the video we watched in class and it shocked her to hear about the different percentages and the different ways that predators attack through the internet. It was an interesting conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment