Monday, April 6, 2009

Internet Safety Readings

For my fourth article, I read Fighting Internet Filth by Mario Hipol. I learned a lot of valuable things as I read the different articles for this weeks assignments. One of the most important things I learned is to be aware of the technology my children know so much about. In order to take preventative measures, I need to keep myself up to date with the innovative technology that is rapidly developing. I also learned to teach my children about the positive and useful things that can come about because of technology. Rather than focusing on the bad in technology, I must teach my children to focus on the positive useful tools that technology provides us with. Reading these articles has influenced me to want to take several preventative measures such as: Using filters, having the computer in an open room, encouraging children to use favorites and bookmarks, and teaching them to stay away from chat rooms and spam e-mail. I will also teach them to use the internet and technology for good. By doing these things, I am being a positive influence on my family and friends. I will also try to set an example by doing the things I have mentioned above. I am scared to death but I know that the Lord will help me teach His children in a way that is pleasing unto Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment